Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Suggestion for the Parallax guys. — Parallax Forums

Suggestion for the Parallax guys.

James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
edited 2006-10-18 12:34 in Propeller 1
How about a live chat session .....with each chip type getting a day to chat. Like Mirc....or ICQ.....but built into the website.· Like the IT guys don't have enough to do.....tongue.gif

Like Stamp gets monday night 9:00pm
····· Stamp2 gets Tuesday night
····· SX·........

you get the picture......

It would be great....maybe we could get a host on some occasions to provide some small instruction for tasks.

What ya'll think,

James L

Comments

• GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-10-18 06:15
    The problem is that the users are all over the world...

9pm is of course late evening at the Parallax site, and some of them may just happen to want to be with their families...
    It is at the same time 3am here in Norway, and while I happen to sit up late and tinker, or play games, that's usually an hour or so after I go to bed...

What time is it in Malaysia?

Or Japan?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2006-10-18 08:48
    you would just have a couple of sessions to fix that.

I'd like to see video pod casts of lectures on programming etc.

Graham
  • GadgetmanGadgetman Posts: 2,436
    edited 2006-10-18 09:48
    The 'problem' with having several session about one topic is that the same issues won't always be discussed in all the session, and that means not all users gets the same information.

Now, video podcasts, that's a good idea.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't visit my new website...
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2006-10-18 12:29
    One interesting point is that most of our engineering people share a common trait - they don't live on a 24-hour clock. Some of them rotate around the clock so that night is day for a while, then somehow the schedule switches back to something normal as if they're on a 30-hour day and they go to bed six hours later each night. Some of these people don't work normal hours. On a set schedule you could probably talk to shipping, sales and the front desk since everybody else can be missing. They could sell you products and answer questions about stock, but they can't tell you how to use the mouse object on Propeller. It can be really difficult to get some technical people to attend a scheduled meeting, especially the ones with whom you'd want to chat. I like the idea and think it could be very productive, but a challenge to arrange.

During the dot-com boom there was a company called "Live Person" who would install a tool on our web site for human-to-human interaction. I attempted to add that to our web site but it would have required a whole new person just to answer questions. I still like the idea.

Well, it's sunny somewhere so I better get my day started!

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2006-10-18 12:34
    Those are some points that I didn't think about.

Well....a good idea.....just no good suggestion (from me) on how to implement it.

Hmmm........

James L