Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropStick setup — Parallax Forums

PropStick setup

PMinMOPMinMO Posts: 5
edited 2006-10-16 05:06 in Propeller 1
new Propstick isn't identified by the IDE.· Known good cable, also tried a Prolific USB to serial converter neither worked.· Scope shows activity on a28 and a29 on powerup, so looks like the propchip itself is working.· Reset is at 3.3v, A31 and A30 show no activity not hooked up to the pc.· Does the com port parameters need to be setup?·

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2006-10-15 07:12
    PMinMO,

No com port parameters need to be set. When you attempt to identify with F7, it lists the ports it tried. Is the port you're using one of them? Also, since you have a 'scope, check for activity on A30 and A31 during the identify. And finally, make sure that nRST is getting a negative-going pulse during this time.

-Phil
  • James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2006-10-15 14:20
    Make sure you have the PC drivers installed.....that kicked me in the head for about 5 mins.

James L
  • acantostegaacantostega Posts: 105
    edited 2006-10-15 22:37
    I'm using a Prolific USB to serial cable, with the PL2303 chip if I'm not mistaken. It has no problems with the Propstick.
  • PMinMOPMinMO Posts: 5
    edited 2006-10-16 05:06
    Turns out it was a solder joint on reset.· It looked good to my 54yr old naked eye, but when I put my magnifiers on it flowed on the post above the pcb.· Fixed it, hook it to the prolific usb converter to my laptop and came right up.·
    Thanks.·
    Philyeah.gif

p.s. Wish there was more technical info on the chip, lots of questions aren't answered.