Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Extreme Newbie — Parallax Forums

Extreme Newbie

JimPro3JimPro3 Posts: 2
edited 2006-10-10 21:04 in General Discussion
Hi all, I am completely new to this type of programming and also new to·these forums.·I bought the SX Tech Tool Kit Lite. I simply do not understand how to wire the breadboard. I'm supposed to wire it to contain two versions each of circuit A and B which are actually push-button switches. I just don't know where I'm supposed to put the switches or the LEDs. I think I understand how to write the program I need to write, I just don't know how to wire the board. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jim

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-10-10 20:57
    Download a copy of What's a Microcontroller? from the Stamps in Class page on Parallax's website. It's written for the Stamp microcontrollers, but much of the examples and discussions also apply to the SX Tech Board. It has pictures showing how to wire up LEDs and switches among other things.
  • JimPro3JimPro3 Posts: 2
    edited 2006-10-10 21:04
    Oh, thanks Mike! It looks like that may help. I feel like a real dummy. I have an instructor that seems to think we should already know how to wire a board. I never even saw a board until I order the kit. Thanks!

Jim