Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Free SX Blitz (#45170) from Parallax — Parallax Forums

Free SX Blitz (#45170) from Parallax

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
edited 2006-10-10 17:17 in BASIC Stamp
Dear BASIC Stamp users,

I have ten (10) SX Blitzs on my desk which I rescued from inventory our inventory hounds as they were·destined for eBay. I thought they'd be of more value if I put them in the hands of·our customers.

This is a programmer for the SX. It doesn't have the built-in debugging like the SX-Key, but one could argue that you'd be fine without source-level debug if you're using our free SX/B compiler. You could connect a USB2SER and use SX/B's SEROUT command and it would be quite similar to a BASIC Stamp. Or just connect some LEDs and use them as your "debugger". Of course, as you·develop skills·you may want to view registers and step through your SX programs, but this is a great way to get started with the SX. Many simple PBASIC programs are easily ported to the SX, others are not. But SX chips are very low cost and super fast, not to mention a nice (free) compiler from Parallax!

I'd like to put these 10 SX Blitz programmers in the hands of BASIC Stamp users with the expectation that you give the SX a try for product development. There will be no follow-ups from me and you'll be on your own with these tools.

I'll only send them out via U.S. Airmail to USA addresses. I apologize to international customers ahead of time. If you feel you can make use of one of these tools please make your request by e-mail to kgracey@parallax.com·and we'll be looking for you in the SX forum in the future!

The reason I'm sending them out for free is that we've replaced stock code #45170 with a USB SX Blitz and we didn't want the serial versions to be mixed up with the USB versions. So, they're "current" in every respect except that they require a serial port (or a USB to Serial Adapter). If you get one, I'd also suggest that you get an SX28 or SX48 Proto Board on order from us, along with some 4, 20 and 50 MHz resonators.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Ken Gracey (Parallax)) : 10/9/2006 11:00:54 PM GMT

Comments

• DaveGDaveG Posts: 84
    edited 2006-10-10 14:26
    Mr. Gracey,

I could put an Sx-Blitz to good use in a current project, if there are any left.

Thank you,

Dave Goodsell
  • DaveGDaveG Posts: 84
    edited 2006-10-10 14:29
    My address is:

Dave Goodsell
    13410 Seminole Road
    Apple Valley, CA 92308

Thanks again.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-10-10 16:53
    Dave, mail him direct.

Since I am in Taiwan, I don't qualify. I already have an SX-Key, too.

But hey guys --- SX/B is a Basic language and the chips are only about $3 each. The proto boards are only $10 each.
    Why pay $50 for a BS2p when you can get much more in a chip?

Of cource, you will have to use the board or add your own voltage regulator and oscillator setup. But, it is a good deal.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2006-10-10 17:17
    All SX Blitzs have now been dispatched.

See you in the SX forum!

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.