Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Servo-4 — Parallax Forums

Servo-4

SomniumSomnium Posts: 46
edited 2006-10-09 21:07 in Propeller 1
Question about the Servo-4 object. I just downloaded the object for the Servo-4, but can't seem to open it... only gives weird lettering... is there a specific way to open it or is the file corrupt... and if anyone knows where i could get the correct code let me know thanks.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-10-07 21:32
    Most of the objects are stored as ZIP files (since the Propeller Tool will make a ZIP archive for you). Make sure you've downloaded that way and that the file has an extension of ".zip".
  • SomniumSomnium Posts: 46
    edited 2006-10-08 13:26
    umm... another question... its doesn't mention what kind of setup or schematic it uses... does anyone know where I could get the schematic?
    edited 2006-10-08 14:34
    There's no particular schematic. You could look at the Servo32 object for more detail since they work the same. Basically, there are 3 wires that come out of the servo and they're usually color coded with black connected to ground, red connected to the servo positive power supply, and white connected (usually through a resistor .. maybe 470 ohm through 2.2K in value ... not critical) to the Propeller pin you want to use for controlling the servo. The Servo-4 or Servo-32 object is told which pin to use. The Stamps in Class book on Robotics or What's a Microcontroller? both talk about connecting servos to a Stamp, but the same idea applies to the Propeller.
  • SomniumSomnium Posts: 46
    edited 2006-10-09 19:57
    if i used a continuous rotation servo... would the Servo-4 program have to be moddified?
    edited 2006-10-09 21:07
    No. The pulse width range is the same. Instead of 1.5ms representing center, it's roughly stopped. Widths greater than that cause rotation in one direction. Widths less than that cause rotation the other way. The servo usually needs a little adjustment to stop exactly at 1.5ms (there's an adjustment screwhole).