Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax USB O-Scope — Parallax Forums

Parallax USB O-Scope

SailerManSailerMan Posts: 337
edited 2006-10-12 18:01 in General Discussion
I've been in and around Electronics for many years, but like a lot of things I never have had all the tools I've needed... I've always felt my way through, guessing and with a bit of luck finally realising my goal or getting frustrated and giving up.

With that said... I have in the past 3 hours hooked this thing up to everything I can get my hands on and it's opened my eyes.

I can finally see what $AA sent serially looks like!!

This was definately worth the money.

Thanks Parallax.

Eric
·

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-10-06 20:23
    Eric,
    ·
    ·· While the USB Scope is my primary diagnostic tool, I believe if you purchase the BSLA you will find it invaluable for things like serial streams.· With the BSLA not only can you see a whole stream of characters “frozen in time” so to speak, but the built-in protocol decoder let’s you see the data that is being sent decoded for you.· It does this for I2C, SPI and Asynchronous Serial as well.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • SteelSteel Posts: 313
    edited 2006-10-09 16:18
    I have also used the Parallax O-Scope on several projects, including testing XBox360 products for Microsoft. Instead of running from lab to lab to find an Oscope (just to find the only way to capture a screenshot is on floppy disk), I just pull mine out of my bag, capture the image, and on with my day...
  • RDL2004RDL2004 Posts: 2,554
    edited 2006-10-12 18:01
    I've been wondering how hard it would be to hook up the BSLA to external signals, not just the Stamp's pins. There's a lot of other things I'd like to be able to look at. So I bought one to experiment with when I saw it on sale. Unfortunately my computer only has slow USB ports so I'm waiting on a USB 2.0 adapter to arrive.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Rick