Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SX/B Help File in Word Format (SX/B 1.50.01.a) — Parallax Forums

SX/B Help File in Word Format (SX/B 1.50.01.a)

YendorYendor Posts: 288
edited 2006-10-03 03:59 in General Discussion
I found a slick shareware utility converts .chm files to pretty much whatever you want.

http://www.processtext.com/abcchm.html

It's free for a 30 day trial, and is around $20, if you want to purchase.

So, I took the SX/B help file and converted it to Word so, if interested,·we can have a printed copy to take with us where ever we go and enjoy in our favorite thinking spot!·

The tool does an excellent job in converting, however it missed the·command listing and the examples, kinda like what happens when you print out the .chm file - the most importing thing, to me.·

Examining a bit of what was generated, I found the command/example information·in·c:\ABCTEMP in HTML format and simply imported the info·to·the end of the document.

At one time, all graphics were there, however now, there are some graphics missing in the commands/examples when I moved the file after the HTML importation (maybe I can try again when I get the chance) ·however they are in the ABCTEMP.zip file I'm providing that the tool generated.· Maybe some others can add the graphics in when they have time.· It would be useful if one of us could·update the links, and format the table of contents, too, but we could use the help file to jump around.

The only edits I did, was·'paged' the file into topics so it will print out nice - the rest of the documentation I didn't touch - it's as the chm shows it.· I did take out the information that the ABCCHM put in there, though.

Finally, since the documentation is·at 1.50.01, I'm also including, but did not put in the·Word file yet,·a whatsnewall.txt that is the whatsnew.txt for the following·SX/B versions:

Ken Gracey at Parallax has given me his blessing on this (thanks Ken!), so we now have some documentation to work with!

Please note that this is intended as a forum user·supported document - not Parallax.· Feel free to update the documentation as I mention above.· If you do, as a suggestion, please resubmit in a different letter version (e.g. sxb_v1.50.01b) and in the forum post, mention what what changed.·

I'm sure Parallax is working on the·new help file, but this will help them keep their SX products cheap for us!

Not to scare anyone, but these these files are virus free on my computer.· There are no macros, so if something pops up, get rid of it, and let me know.··ALWAYS·run virus protection on any documention you get off the internet, including these!

Enjoy!

Rodney

Post Edited (Yendor) : 10/3/2006 4:06:03 AM GMT