Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Timers and Elapsed timers — Parallax Forums

Timers and Elapsed timers

tigershark35tigershark35 Posts: 60
edited 2006-10-03 01:25 in BASIC Stamp
Hi, My project needs to accomplish·several things with timing.

1. Count an event up or down and be able to send that serial out to another stamp.· This would be an optical reader on a wheel that would count revolutions up or down.· I will be able to determine what the direction is (up or down) by knowing what the direction of the motor contol is.
2. Another counters or elasped timer would be used as a failsafe to take action in the event that it does not receive a signal from the controler. When the time has elapsed an event will start. If a signal is received, the event timer or count down timer will start again.
3. An additional timer that will keep a total time on a motor. Either time power has been applied via the motor control circuit or revolution count of some type. This will be kept in an eprom and added to.

I have been surfing and reading all I can about timers, but would like suggestions on any similiar projects that anyone has done.

Thanks.
JG

Comments

• sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2006-10-01 15:04
    tigershark35
    This might help you for part of what you want to do but for you timer you will need to use a DS1302 time chip which Parallax sells

("3. An additional timer that will keep a total time on a motor. Either time power has been applied via the motor control circuit or revolution count of some type. This will be kept in an eprom and added to.")

·················································Here·are two··idea.gif·for you

Here·are two Post that·can help you write part of your code routine

Try the Example that is DS1302_Counter.bs2· this will help you to understand how to use it as a countdown timer

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=568430

·

This is where i learned how to write the counting routines

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=595018

I hope this helps you in what you want to do

Sam
  • tigershark35tigershark35 Posts: 60
    edited 2006-10-02 00:17
    thanks sam_sam_sam.

Ill get a chip and try it.

JG
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2006-10-03 01:25
    tigershark35

When you get the Time Chip And you need any help just PM me and i will try to help you if i can

Sam