Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
beginner help — Parallax Forums

beginner help

sjradiosjradio Posts: 3
edited 2006-09-30 00:43 in BASIC Stamp
Don't even know where to begin I'm new to the this technology.

I need to create a simple circuit that will give me either logic high or low based on the inputs. I thought using a basic1 would be more flexible than desiging a logic circuit. I need to start/stop/reset a timer circuit based on the tally of the specific inputs.·The input will be a simple·pushbutton or a logic high/low pulse from other equipment. The output needs to be timed or control a timer·circuit with the capability of a reset.·

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-09-29 23:50
    You should download and look at the "What's a Microcntroller" text from the Parallax website. It will get you started in the right direction.

Also, you should consider one of the BS2s instead of the BS1. They're more flexible, have a richer PBasic syntax, and there is more reference/teaching material available. If you have precise timing requirements, you might need to incorporate a real time clock chip into your circuit.
  • sjradiosjradio Posts: 3
    edited 2006-09-29 23:57
    I'll check it out. I had considered the BS2 but thought what I was building was so basic I could get by with the BS1.
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-09-30 00:43
    I'd upload a copy of the BS1 manual for you, but it's 3MB+ (too big.)· Have a knock around the Parallax.com Downloads, it might still be there someplace. (Why would it not? Double-plus-ungood, that.)

There is this -- www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/stamps/web-BSM-v2.2.pdf·though you'll have to glean the BS1 info from out of the BS2 info (I think it's all there.)

[noparse][[/noparse]If you like, send me a PM with an email addr and I'll send it to you.]

Post Edited (PJ Allen) : 9/30/2006 12:54:03 AM GMT