Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hydra Project Complete — Parallax Forums

Hydra Project Complete

AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
edited 2006-09-28 18:26 in Propeller 1
Just thought everyone would want to know that the Hydra Project is now complete. I just turned in the last few chapters of author review of the book, thus we got thru it without any emergencies. Definitely a good thing [noparse]:)[/noparse] So, next week is crossing "t's", dotting "i's", making the index and finalizing the software CD, but other than little tasks, all the assets of the project are complete. So things should start to really get into gear now. No specific release date as of yet, but as we continue working on it, and once we have all our ducks lined up then I am sure Parallax will pick a date and final release price. But, the good news is nothing went wrong, so more or less its just accounting at this point and getting it all done. No more "creative" stuff, so that's a relief on all the artists involved in the project.

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know.

Andre'
Designer of the Hydra Game Console

Comments

• power mouseypower mousey Posts: 2
    edited 2006-09-28 03:48
    hey Andre,

thank you very much. true· smile.gif
    looking forward to the Hydra..the whole package, and especially the book.

will you be selling some thru your Xgamestation site?...or will Parallax be the sole distributor of the HYdra computer?

this Spartan Soldier is looking forward to the Titan Quest of conquering the Hydra.· smilewinkgrin.gif

cheers,

the power mousey

Post Edited (power mousey) : 9/28/2006 3:52:21 AM GMT
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2006-09-28 04:01
    The Hydra will be sold everywhere possible thru all of Parallax's normal distributors as sales increase. Additionally, Nurve will also be a distributor as well.

Andre'
  • cbmeekscbmeeks Posts: 634
    edited 2006-09-28 11:26
    That's great news!

I've been holding off on getting into Propeller until the Hydra comes out.

So, any peeks on specs?

1) Graphics res?

2) Tile engine specs?

3) anything???

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Coders' Hangout
    A place for programmers to hangout!
    http://www.codershangout.com

METROID?
    Metroid Classic
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2006-09-28 18:26
    There are no specs since its just a propeller chip without any other hardware to augment graphics. Also, graphics are whatever you program for the engine you happen to be using for the game/demo you are making. But, there are examples of everything from simple graphics to NES engines on the CD that are part of the hydra software.

Andre'