Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pause with calculated constants — Parallax Forums

Pause with calculated constants

YendorYendor Posts: 288
edited 2006-09-29 05:06 in General Discussion
Bean (or any other brave soul), sorry to pester you again!·

I promise from now on,·I won't ask more than one question per post!

I need some help to see what's going on with PAUSE and calculated constants.

I have some constants defined as the following for testing:

N1 CON 1600 
N8a CON N1/8 'N1/8 = 1600/8 = 200 
N8b CON 200

The compiler likes it, and the listing shows the calculations being performed, where N8a and N8b both show up·in the assembled code as·C8 (decimal 200)

Then I place the following in my code, and compile it.

PAUSE N8a 
PAUSE N8b

Looking at the listing,·"PAUSE N8a" does not show a listing output or doesn't compile for some reason, while "PAUSE N8B" does.·

Can·a calculated constant value be used in PAUSE?

Many thanks again, and was also wondering what would you like for Christmas this year?

Rodney
·

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,389
    edited 2006-09-28 04:05
    Rodney,

No answer for you, but if there's something you want to send Bean from the Parallax shop just let me know. I'll even do it for free on your behalf! I sent Bean a note today "I could kiss you, Bean!" about SX/B. Not having learned assembler, SX/B gave me the tool I needed to get started with my project, which is so very simple yet beyond the capabilities of a BASIC Stamp. I need to COUNT pulses at the same time as managing a servo. Not much to it with SX/B.

Thanks for your help on the forums, Bean.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-09-28 12:06
    Rodney,
    Thanks for the catch. You are correct, that is a bug. I will put that on my list of things to fix.

For Christmas, I would like there to be 100 hours in the day. I've got plenty of "toys", I just wish I had time to "play".

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com

There are only two guaranteed ways to become weathy.
    Spend less than you make.
    Make more than you spend.
    ·
  • YendorYendor Posts: 288
    edited 2006-09-29 05:06
    Bean, thank YOU!·

This·even makes it a bit more fun as we're interacting with you and helping the compiler get better.

I know what you mean, about the time.·

Ken - I appreciate that, although·I'm sure Bean would want to refrain from the kiss...·· [noparse]:o[/noparse])

For your offer, I think it should be from the forum as a group - not just me, in that case.·And NOT the SX/B compiler!·· I don't think we want to offer him the Propeller yet, as·then he would probably spend his time working on that!

I haven't touched assembly since 1990,·and finally warmed up to the·SX/B and SX micro thanks to Jon's N & V columns, and now Bean's fantastic support.·· I'm now doing things that I've wanted to do for soo long and·SX/B has made it so much fun!· It almost not fair!

Bean - I bet if you want 100 hours in a day for SW and HW design, I bet you do·'Dews!· So we may have to start there, since you're not·giving us any info!· You still have plenty of time to think about it.· [noparse]:o[/noparse])

Many thanks!

Rodney

·