Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Green newbie — Parallax Forums

Green newbie

rxsidrxsid Posts: 2
edited 2006-09-28 19:04 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all,

I am looking for information (links?) on how to build an altimeter for use in model rocketry. I am a computer programmer, so the software side I think I can deal with fairly well. I'm thinking of getting the What's a Microcontroller BASIC Stamp Kit from Radio Shack as a starter. From there though, I'm not sure how one goes from the development board/PCB to something that could be considered a 'finished' board. Where can one get PCB's like that? Ultimately, I'd like to build an electronics package for my rockets that would include 1)an altimeter, 2)a speed/mach sensor, and hopefully 3)a temperature sensor, 4)humidity sensor, 5)video cam and 6)GPS. I've really no idea if 3 through 6 could be added to the first two 'wants', but that's my wish list all in one electronics payload. Why? I guess just because. To see if I can do it. Also, I guess I like data lol.gif

Anyway, some pointers/links to tutorials on where I can buy non 'demo' type PCB's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• rxsidrxsid Posts: 2
    edited 2006-09-28 19:04
    Seems like this topic is difficult to get info on. I've found www.pcb123.com, but they want hundreds for 1 board. I'm not certain, but I've gotta think that a board used on many of these rocketry altimeter projects wouldn't cost anywhere near that. What kinds of boards are used for such projects?

From my research on this topic, I've found that most of the altimeter/electronics projects that I've been able to find are rather dated. With the most recent stuff being in the 2001 range at best. And most search engine searches return hundreds, if not thousands of results...many of which aren't useful (IMHO). sad.gif

Anyone have any updated projects / parts lists (especially the board and where to buy them)?

Thanks!