Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Cant enter data from the debug terminal (linux) — Parallax Forums

Cant enter data from the debug terminal (linux)

slackjackslackjack Posts: 25
edited 2006-10-18 05:16 in BASIC Stamp
I using BS2 on Linux. Everything works perfectly, but I cant figure out how to enter data form the debug terminal. I press <enter>, but this just brings a new line and doesnt send the entered data to the basic stamp

Any would on this would be very great!

--thank you.

Post Edited (slackjack) : 9/25/2006 11:56:55 PM GMT

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-09-25 03:22
    Do you have a debugin command? (provide your code)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • slackjackslackjack Posts: 25
    edited 2006-09-25 03:48
    Here is my code:

' {$STAMP BS2}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}

mynum var word

debug "Enter a number (1-5): "
    debugin DEC1 mynum, cr
    debug "You entered: ", DEC1 mynum

This is exactly how I entered it in the emacs text editor. The code complies fine, I get send the number (by hitting the <enter> key) to the basic stamp.
  • PARPAR Posts: 285
    edited 2006-09-25 06:54
    slackjack said...
    Here is my code:

' {$STAMP BS2}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}

mynum var word

debug "Enter a number (1-5): "
    debugin DEC1 mynum, cr
    debug "You entered: ", DEC1 mynum

This is exactly how I entered it in the emacs text editor. The code complies fine, I get send the number (by hitting the <enter> key) to the basic stamp.
    "The code compiles fine..." ? Really? The code above?

What happens in the Basic Stamp editor when you invoke "Check Syntax"·on the above code from the "Run" menu?
    (Dunno about how to test/run a BS2 program from emacs, but the above code syntax wouldn't be expected to·check out correctly using the Windows version of the PBasic Editor/Development System???)

PAR
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-09-25 07:08
    slackjack -

Change this:

debugin DEC1 mynum, cr

To this:

debugin DEC1 mynum

Recompile it, and give it a try.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • slackjackslackjack Posts: 25
    edited 2006-09-25 22:46
    The same problem. The only thing that I've remove was the ", cr" like Bruce Bates stated. But it doesnt work. It seems the problem is with figuring out which key sends the data to the serial port.
  • chdionnchdionn Posts: 1
    edited 2006-10-18 05:16
    I'm setting up BOE-bot using Linux (bstamp) and I'm having the same problem. A workaround is to use minicom. For some reason, CTRL-M works through minicom but not through the console. I'm using the following settings:

9600-N-8-1, no flow control, add line feed, ANSI terminal emulation, (make sure minicom is pointed towards the correct serial port)

I use bstamp_run to load the software on BOE-bot, exit bstamp_run, enter minicom, and push the reset button on the BOE. I get the same message I would have with bstamp_run, then I enter my input followed by CTRL-M. Seems to work OK.