Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Camera blinding device-need some ideas — Parallax Forums

Camera blinding device-need some ideas

bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
edited 2006-09-24 12:57 in General Discussion
I was thinking of using a bunch of really bright IR LEDs mounted on my project so that if someone were to try to capture it on video or camera, all they would see would be a bright light. I want to keep my design secret, and by using the bright infrared light, it will intefere with camera's focus abilities while only being noticeable through a camera's screen. Any suggestions or ideas? What I'm considering is feasibility (how many LED's or whatever of the light source it would take), range (works for all angles), and whether it's bright enough to block out everything else.

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-09-24 12:57
    Or put it in a cabinet!!

Most camera's have an IR filter (these are the filters if you remove you tend to be able to see ppl's underclothes -- OR SO I HEARD! [noparse]:)[/noparse]
    Anyhow, I'm not so sure that's very effective....but the alternative might bother you (flashing lights or lasers whipping around).

cheers

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."