Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial Communication between BS2/Netburner SB70 — Parallax Forums

Serial Communication between BS2/Netburner SB70

DosEdgeDosEdge Posts: 33
edited 2006-09-24 10:21 in BASIC Stamp
I have been introduced to the BS2 along with the PINK(Parallax Internet Netburner Kit) for the first time. I am having trouble trying to figure out how to transfer files from the Netburner to the BS2. I understand how to connect the boards together, but I do not know how to initialize the transmission. I realize that the BS2 access the Netburner through the entities of variables. Could some one give me some kind of hint or detail instructions to what I am missing. I do not know how the Netburner web server transfer files to the BS2. Is there a special kind of software to complement the Netburner with its transactions? I need some serious help about this situation!

Comments

• MarcelMarcel Posts: 32
    edited 2006-09-23 20:43
    The only thing I know is that I can FTP files to the PINK back and forth with the Windows FTP utility in the Windows Explorer.
  • stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2006-09-23 21:25
    Files (web pages) are downloaded to the PINK using a browser,via the ethernet connection. The stamp and PINK interchange variables (usually not complete files) via a serial connection using the SERIN and SEROUT commands.

The PINK manual is famous for being thin, but it really does have all the information you need to get started.

Cheers

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • MarcelMarcel Posts: 32
    edited 2006-09-24 10:21
    DosEdge,

If you are new to the PINK and BS2 also take a look at these links given by Peter Verkaik. It gave me a good insight in the PINK and its possibilities.

Regards,

Marcel