Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Anyone interested in a Playstation controller object? — Parallax Forums

Anyone interested in a Playstation controller object?

CJCJ Posts: 470
edited 2006-09-24 19:52 in Propeller 1
As if I had to ask,

I will be posting one very soon, so stay tuned.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Who says you have to have knowledge to use it?

I've killed a fly with my bare mind.

Comments

• Dennis FerronDennis Ferron Posts: 480
    edited 2006-09-23 16:41
    Yes! I could have used one right now, in fact, for the nibbles game I was working on last night.
  • CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2006-09-23 20:12
    Here it is!

the psx_test file is a quick test that sends the states of the Dpad and joysticks to the basic stamp debug window

the controller response should be adequate for just about any project that needs quick control(I figure it updates about 100 times a second)
    I'm gonna poke around and see what I can dig up for wireless controller use. (gotta be wireless for the robot builders here)

will be refining it as I go, expect an update for 2 controllers at once soon

any feedback will be greatly appreciated

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

• Jim FouchJim Fouch Posts: 395
    edited 2006-09-23 21:00
    CJ,

I have some code I use to communicate to a PS2 controller. Does your's work with a wireless controller? Also, I was able to find button pressure readings on some of the PS2 controllers. There's more to the data packets then most info I found on the web. There are like 21 or so bytes.

If you need any info let me know. I have used a BasicStamp Logic Analyzer to read all the data on startup and communications with various PS2 controllers.

Jim
    edited 2006-09-23 21:06
    that would be super if you have info on reading the wireless ones and the pressure as well, my goal is to make it work with whatever type of controller you put to it

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

• Dennis FerronDennis Ferron Posts: 480
    edited 2006-09-24 19:42
    Where can you get the jacks to plug the playstation connectors into? I've been looking for those for years, and the only thing I can think of is to ask my little brother if I can have his playstation when it breaks.
    edited 2006-09-24 19:52
    www.lynxmotion.com has them, I just hacked a controller extension cable I had

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔