Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Consultant Help — Parallax Forums

Consultant Help

Gary10Gary10 Posts: 3
edited 2006-09-22 09:15 in BASIC Stamp
I have an application that I believe could use a Parallax product. I have written a brief description of the process to be controlled. I am looking for someone to provide a design and/or prototype hardware for testing. This would also include the software required.

My question is whether this is a appropriate place to post my request or I should go elsewhere. I have not kept up with microcontrollers and my programming skills are worse than rusty so I'm in need of a lot of assistance. I also should mention that I'm not looking for free help. If this is the right forum, I will post the requirements.

Thanks, Gary

Post Edited By Moderator (Joshua Donelson (Parallax)) : 10/23/2009 4:07:34 AM GMT

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-09-22 09:15
    Hello Gary,

If you are strictly looking to hire somebody, Parallax maintains a list of authorized consultants here:

www.parallax.com/html_pages/tech/support/authorized_consultants.asp

If you want to try building the system yourself, you should find plenty of help here.

Since you are looking at Parallax technology in general, and haven't decided on a particular product, the best place to post your request is probably in the Sandbox section of the forums. Then after some q&a, you can post a follow-up if needed in one of the product specific forums. Also, when posting, be sure to include a subject for the post.

As for your skills, recent experience, etc., there's a ton of downloadable educational material on the Parallax website. The Basic Stamp has the most material, and since you specifically mentioned a process to be controlled, you might want to have a look at these course manuals, downloadable on the following pages:

What's a Microcontroller: www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28152
    Industrial Control: www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28156
    Process Control: www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28176

WaM is Parallax's intro course. Process control is an updated version of Industrial control, but both are good, and each covers slightly different material.