Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
max7219 - dot matrix project — Parallax Forums

max7219 - dot matrix project

felixfelix Posts: 9
edited 2006-09-20 10:30 in BASIC Stamp
Hello!.
I need some help with my dot matrix project.
I’m doing an small ‘open hardware’ project with one BSII connected to 5 max7219 cascading. Each max7219 is connected to a dot matrix 5*7 display (kingbright TC12-11EWA).
I took the Nuts & Volts 70 as a guide to start the project, then I made the circuit board with eagle (the idea was to make it as compact or small as possible), and now I’m working on the code for the BSII.
Based in J.Williams program, I’m trying to do a ‘simple’ (not for me) program to Crawl Characters horizontally in the led display. As you can see in this video example http://www.iua.upf.es/~fluque/mpgs/matrix.mov
i have tried to make a program where the word HELLO Crawl horizontally. The problem with this program, is that characters Crawl from one dot matrix to the next. What I would like, is to crawl the characters from one column to the next. So that the crawl is continuously, and very smooth.
Can anyone help me with ideas, changes, new code …etc?. (Of course, any code ideas on how to crawl nicely text in a 5 dot matrix screen are very welcome. The goal is that the text must bee easy to read).

I attached the bs2 code, and a jpg of the eagle board file. If anyone wants more information, please ask.

Once I finish the project (code, board …etc), it will be documented in my website (www.othersounds.net). All the information will be accessible and zipped to be download, hoping it will help and give ideas to others.

Thank you,
Felix

Post Edited (felix) : 9/20/2006 10:53:31 AM GMT
1024 x 640 - 148K