Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using EmbeddedBlue™ 500 — Parallax Forums

Using EmbeddedBlue™ 500

Alex84Alex84 Posts: 1
edited 2006-09-20 22:07 in General Discussion
Hi, im an electrical engineering student, and im working on a school project.
I wanna know if its too hard to use the EmbeddedBlue™ 500 to transmit some data from a speed sensor dopller device.
What i wanna know is if you only need to power the EmbeddedBlue™ 500 and enter the signal, and the EmbeddedBlue™ 500 will
do all the transmition procces. I havent read the whole users manual, but maybe you could give me some pointers before doing it.
I wanna use the EmbeddedBlue™ 500 to send the information to a handheld or a PDA device. I think it will work.

Pleas help me

thanks

Comments

• JavalinJavalin Posts: 892
    edited 2006-09-20 09:38
    Hi,

Best advice is to read the manual then post questions on aspects you are not sure on.

That said, here a thread I wrote a while ago using 2 x Parallax Javalin MPU to control two EB500's. The code illustraits the sequence needed to get the device working

http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=8&m=3942&p=1&ord=d

On the PDA (again in the manual) you need to be able to get a comm-port emulation from the usb-device - i.e like the FTDI chips do

James
  • inakiinaki Posts: 262
    edited 2006-09-20 22:07
    Hi. I have used EBT500 to send data to a PC and it worked at first try without any problem, using the samples provided by Parallax.
    The only thing you might check is whether the PDA BT interface has Serial emulation. If it does I would bet you should connect without problems.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔