Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is there a way to pull a program from a basic stamp? — Parallax Forums

Is there a way to pull a program from a basic stamp?

l8_apex_itl8_apex_it Posts: 16
edited 2006-09-18 17:49 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to pull a program from a BS2P so that I can duplicate it. The engineer who wrote the program is no longer working for us. If the equipment frys at some point we will be out of luck. So I was hoping I could download it like some PLC's are capable of. I looked around some and did not find anything within the software or even my googling. Is there some 3rd party software or other means of accomplishing what I am hoping to do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-09-18 17:29
    This topic seems to come up every couple of weeks. Basically, there is no way to pull a program from a BS2 to duplicate it other than to develop special purpose hardware to copy the contents of the EEPROM on the BS2 that contains the actual program. The connections to the EEPROM are not available external to the BS2, so you'd have to solder fine leads to the SMT part involved or remove the SMT EEPROM from the BS2 and move it to some other circuit for copying. I don't think you'd want to take a chance on destroying the BS2 without being sure you could copy it.
  • l8_apex_itl8_apex_it Posts: 16
    edited 2006-09-18 17:49
    Bummer... The solution you proposed is WAY beyond my skills.
    Thanks for the response. That lets me know how I need to move forward internally.

Thanks again!