Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HB-25 problem — Parallax Forums

HB-25 problem

Tom112Tom112 Posts: 3
edited 2006-09-14 20:00 in BASIC Stamp
I have a bit of a problem with a HB25 motor controller that has me stumped.
The motor will turn in one direction, however I get no movement in the other.
The controller is getting the correct 'pulsout' but I have no indication of movement
at all. Is it possible that as this motor is a 12V gearhead motor (power window motor)
that it would draw more current moving in one direction? I am able to smoothly ramp up to full speed
clockwise - is it possible that the unit can properly function if one half of the H-bridge has been fried?
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Comments

• Tronic (Greece)Tronic (Greece) Posts: 130
    edited 2006-09-14 06:51
    Try swapping the motor power connections to the HB-25. If it still doesn't move to the other direction, it might be problem of the motor. Some car wiper motor i've seen are designed to rotate at certain direction only...

The car wiper motors I use, rotate faster in one direction than the other...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Greekbotics: Greek Robotics Forum

(Translate it using Babelfish)
    ·
  • Tom112Tom112 Posts: 3
    edited 2006-09-14 11:57
    Tronic, thanks for the reply, the polarity of the HB25 power supply is correct. The docs
    don't reccomend reversing the power supply to the HB25. Also, the motor rotates at the same speed
    in either direction (swapping polarity by hand) when conneceted to the power supply without the HB25 .
    The motor is a 12V power window gearhead motor designed for rotation in either direction.
  • Tronic (Greece)Tronic (Greece) Posts: 130
    edited 2006-09-14 12:04
    I meant to reverse the M1 & M2 connections to see if it rotates otherwise. Maybe one of the windings of the motor can't hande PWM right to start rotating as it should. I happened to expierence such lockups on some minor motors I tried with HB-25. On those motors you could hear a loud whistling in low PWM rates...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Greekbotics: Greek Robotics Forum

(Translate it using Babelfish)
    ·
  • Tom112Tom112 Posts: 3
    edited 2006-09-14 20:00
    Tronic, Thanks for the clarification. Your suggestion of reversing the connections did the trick. I really appreciate your taking the time to help out someone who is still new to this. The HB25 was the last part of a project that I have built for my small business, a pair of doors on tracks that open when PIR sensors are tripped. All of the mechanicals are done, the sensors are rigged, I just could not figure out where the HB25 problem was. Tonight I get to complete a pretty long build thanks to your help.