Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Robot Control help. — Parallax Forums

Robot Control help.

MustangerMustanger Posts: 1
edited 2006-09-13 05:09 in BASIC Stamp
Alright I am new at this and am having difficulty with a project. I am trying to use a BS2 to read a playstation controller and output on the serial port servo commands for a parallax servo controller board. I have read John Williams Nuts and Volts article ont he PS2 Redux, but I am lost as to where to go from there. I am only looking to control about 4 servos initally, but maybe wanting to add more later. I am sure somebody has done this before and am looking for some help.· Thanks in advance for any replies.

Andrew

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-09-13 05:09
    I don't know where you're at on your project, but here's one way that you can approach it.

You have 2 interfaces that you need to develop:
    1. Playstation Controller to Stamp
    2. Stamp to Parallax Servo Controller

Pick one of the interfaces, and try to get that working first, using something simple like the debug terminal.

So, for example, try to read commands from the Playstation controller, and write the values to the debug terminal. This way, you'll know that this interface works. Put this program aside.

Then write a program that sends commands from the debug terminal to the Parallax Servo Controller, so that you can control the servo this way.

Now, at this point, you should have 2 working programs, and all you should need to do is combine them into one program. You'll write some code that a) reads information from the Playstation controller, b) processes the information as needed, c) sends the appropriate information to the servo controller.