Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Chip connection failed UBICOM-SX20AC — Parallax Forums

Chip connection failed UBICOM-SX20AC

RSCRSC Posts: 3
edited 2006-09-12 13:34 in General Discussion
Hello,

we have problems in last time to programm the UBICOM SX20AC. We program every time the same program on the same board and in last time we become often the message from the sxkey program "Chip connection faild". It can be when we try it often, that the download works. Then we can programm it every time. This broblems comes in last 4 month on different computers. When we solder a new SX... then it works.

The SX20AC it works with 3.3V.

Have somone a solution for this probleme?

Thanks for help

Comments

• RSCRSC Posts: 3
    edited 2006-09-12 11:50
    Hello,

now I have make a test with 5V power on the SX20AC controller. Now I can it program. The probleme seem's to be the 3.3V.

Can it be?

Thanks
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-09-12 12:27
    The SX-Key requires 5 volts to program the SX chips.
    You can use the SXKeyRing device to program chips that are lower than 5 volts.
    The SXKeyring uses a seperate supply to power the SX-Key.

SX-KeyRing Link: http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=45211

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap used 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com
    SX-Video Display Modules www.sxvm.com

There are only two guaranteed ways to become weathy.
    Spend less than you make.
    Make more than you spend.
    ·
  • RSCRSC Posts: 3
    edited 2006-09-12 13:34
    Hello Bean,

yes I know. I have the skey and the sxkeyring. We program so since 4 years. The probleme comes in last time and not on all controllers. The probleme has appr. 20%.
    The SX-Key has 5V Power and the target SX20AC has 3.3V. Now I have change on a board with this problemes the power to 5V on the target and now I can program.

It seem's to be a probleme in a charge. We have this probleme also on controllers labled with parallax or ubicom. We have also 4 programming systems (sxkey) and all have the same probleme.

What can it be?

Thanks for help
    Rene