inside the pic the prog that runs it...unload it from the memory of
the
pic...in order to make some modification..or clone it .is there any way to do
it..?
i would realy apreciatit if someone could help

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-09-08 15:50
    There is no easy way to extract the interpretive code from a Stamp. Even if you were able to do it, there is no documented way to translate the byte codes back into PBasic source for modification. There is supposed to be a company that will do this for a fee, but it would be a lot of work and I'm sure it's expensive. In any event, neither Parallax nor most forum participants are likely to help since making it easy to copy/decode programmed Stamps would make it easy to steal others' work.
  • radmontrealradmontreal Posts: 3
    edited 2006-09-08 21:33
    i dont want to get the code..i want to retreive set up data of the device...in order to change the some functions...anyone has an idea?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-09-08 22:58
    The memory of the PIC only contains the PBasic interpreter and there is no way to access that. All of the user program information including storage for any persistent user data is stored in an EEPROM that's separate from the PIC itself, but part of the Stamp substrate circuitry. There is a little bit of RAM in the PIC that's used to hold the user's variables and is used by the GET/PUT statements, but that data goes away when the power goes off. In order to know where in the 16K EEPROM the data is located, you need to have the code that created it. The configuration data could be almost anywhere. Theoretically, you could load a small program into the BS2sx that would display the memory not occupied by the small program, but again you'd have to know where to look and the process would overwrite part of the existing terminal program making the Stamp useless for any attempt at reconfiguration.
  • radmontrealradmontreal Posts: 3
    edited 2006-09-08 23:49
    thanks alot mike..gave me very intresting info..