Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RF Keyfob for use with Basic Stamp — Parallax Forums

RF Keyfob for use with Basic Stamp

KenLemKenLem Posts: 94
edited 2006-09-08 18:29 in BASIC Stamp
I'm looking for a small RF Key fob (1-3 buttons) and recieve for use with a Basic Stamp.· I want to be able to hit a key on the fob and then have the basic stamp turn an LED or and off.·· I know Parallax has some nice RF products for the stamp but they seem like over kill for this application.

Thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
www.speechchips.com

Speech & Video IC's for BasicStamps

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2006-09-08 14:09
    Hey Ken,

We used to sell the RF Digital keyfob transmitter and receiver, but I see these are no longer shown on our web site. That means we discontinued them or the supplier quit providing them, more likely the former due to sales. The Parallax part numbers were 28004 and 28005. Although we're out of stock, I'm pretty sure you could Google these part numbers and find the parts at one of our distributors. The keyfob transmitter was made by Lynx, as was the receiver chip on the receiver module.

One thing to consider - you mention that our current selection of RF stuff is overkill. Even though this is the case, they're less expensive than the former keychain transmitter / receiver combination we used to offer. Nobody likes to throw away features and pay for stuff they don't need, so I also understand your point.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • KenLemKenLem Posts: 94
    edited 2006-09-08 14:19
    Thanks Ken.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.speechchips.com

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-09-08 14:27
    Ken -

This may be more than you're looking for as well, but it's a nice, complete little system:
    http://www.rentron.com/Linx/HHLR.htm

Bruce Reynolds, owner of that web site, will be happy to provide all the capable technical support you may need.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • KenLemKenLem Posts: 94
    edited 2006-09-08 18:29
    That's more what I had in mind! Thanks Bruce for the recommendation.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.speechchips.com