Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Inkjet Development Kit — Parallax Forums

Inkjet Development Kit

MikeSMikeS Posts: 131
edited 2006-10-12 20:32 in General Discussion
Hello,
Anyone have any expierence with the inkjet kit?·I can not seem to get mine to work. Downloaded the Simple_Print example to BS2 on PDB. Using 9v 300ma powersupply.·I am positive I have the ink cart. locked in the holder correctly and connected to the driver board via the ribbon cable. I have the driver board connected to the PDB via servo extension cable and have made sure that I have G,+5, and S orentiation correctly on both ends. Servo connector conected to p15.
As per instructions, I have made sure the Stamp is powered up before the inkjet driver board to ensure handshake. Red LED lights on driver board when switched on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Mike S

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-09-04 15:22
    There are two modes on the driver board.
    The wrong configuration won't damage the board, but the HP Printhead might take a hit.

One mode is indended to drive the LEDs as verification of board functionality, but as the ON time is too long it will damage the Printer Cartridge's heating elements.

If you have blundered into that situation, you may have to buy another Ink Cartridge. The text mentions that the developer went through dozens of cartridges to get the firmware correct.

The voltages are as marked and as mentioned in text a bit vague [noparse][[/noparse]seems I recall two values rather than a range], but after reading the related manufacturer's PDFs I am sure that +5 to +6 volts will comfortably operated the board and provide the right outputs to the printhead.
    I fear that a raw +9 will at least damage the regulator [noparse][[/noparse]but it may have over-voltage protection].

Also, the board is quite useful for other applications. Redeployment is possible via SX/B or SX ASM. Because the HP printer head depends on 12 bits, it can easily run three steppers or 12 other on/off·devices. An X, Y, & Z axis situation is possible.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 9/4/2006 3:30:03 PM GMT
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-10-12 20:32
    Please·give tech support a call at 1-888-997-8267 and ask for myself, Dave Andreae.

Thanks,

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·