Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with ccd camera wireless — Parallax Forums

Help with ccd camera wireless

bbnoobiebbnoobie Posts: 7
edited 2006-09-09 18:26 in Robotics
I want to mount a ccd camera on the boe bot and monitor it from my computer or a tv but i am not sure if i should buy the ccd camera paired up with the transmitter or can i buy any ccd camera (not labeled as wireless) and hook it up to a transmitter (it would be more difficult and exciting of course) ,plus theres alot more options if you but it seprately, but what problems would i run into as far as compatibility between the camera and the transmitter and how would i hook it up?·if i buy it seprately? what do i have to look for?·or anything else?
please get me some feedback
-bbnoobie

Post Edited (bbnoobie) : 9/2/2006 6:42:10 PM GMT

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-09-03 00:18
    I think what you want to look for is the term "composite video" (NTSC)·for the camera/video output and the transmitter camera/video input.· There are other formats, so you want to be sure that the cameras and transmitters you choose are so specified.· Monitoring a "composite" set-up with a computer would require·that your computer have a·TV card.
  • bbnoobiebbnoobie Posts: 7
    edited 2006-09-03 01:28
    wait what format? what should i look for in the transmitter and camera specs? (i have no problem with the power·source i guess i can just add· some batteries in series) and yes a tv card thnak you
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-09-03 13:21
    Maybe you need to get specific about your situation.· If you want to see it all on a TV, that's one thing, but on a computer is quite another.· The waters here are muddied with the "TV or computer" aspect.

As I see it, VIDEO is about one thing: "composite video."

If your transmitter transmits on TV channels and your computer has a TV-card that receives bradcast TV then you're IN.· If you buy a "baby monitor" / surveillance system, then your computer TV-card may well need to have a "video input" (the phrase that pays, where I'm sitting, is: NTSC / composite video), but some "baby monitors" broadcast on channel 3 or 4, too.

Here's a picture, worth a thousand words (attached), and I'll leave it at that.

The key is consistency (you can't "mix it up.")·
    674 x 409 - 32K
    edited 2006-09-06 00:41
    yes thank you you clarify alot of my questions but what i was trying to really find out is can any transmitter be hooked up to any ccd camera? because iam trying to get a transmitter from www.ramseyelectronics.com but i want to buy a black and white everfocus camera at www.justccdcameras.com could this work? or what do i have to look for when pairing up transmitter and cameras? the rest i pretty much know and you have clafiry it, thank you [noparse]:)[/noparse]

ps so if the tv card says it supports ntsc standards then it would take the RF from·any transmitter?

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd=action&key=C2001

http://surveillance-video.stores.yahoo.net/evbwcamex.html

Post Edited (bbnoobie) : 9/6/2006 1:11:05 AM GMT
    edited 2006-09-09 18:26
    i got the parts· already but thank you anyways i will update and post pictures of the boe bot when iam done with this project, thank you \(-_-)/ pj allen i realized i wasnt phrasing my questions good enough but you still helped me and sorry about my ignorance, but i think i am learning! [noparse]:)[/noparse]