Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller TV/ Video Display — Parallax Forums

Propeller TV/ Video Display

Brian RileyBrian Riley Posts: 626
edited 2006-08-30 23:46 in Propeller 1
A few eeks ago one of the All Electronics catalogs had a cover item that looked interesting. By the time I went looking for it another catalog had arrived and it was no longer there, but I went looking and found it buried within.

The item is a 5" LCD Display not unlike he 2" disply parallax is selling. Now, the Parallax display is exceptional. I would not have believed such a small display could be so crisp. But these old eyes wanted soemthing bigger. So back to the All Electronics version. Its made by Antec and is intended for the Game Cube. It runs on 12 volts and tajkes composite video plus L/R Audio, has on/off, brightness. and volume controls.

I plugged it into the Propeller Demo Board and ran Graphics Demo, so here is what it looks like. Its on page 40 of the Summmer/Fall catalog and is product MTR-9 $54.95.

I have enclosed a pic, the display looks better than the pic shows, I just couldn't seem to get what I consider a good shot of it. It seems to work perfectly with the Propeller composite video output. i tried most of the demo programs that output composite vedo and they worked fine and give good rich color ...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cheers ... brian riley, n1bq, underhill center, vermont
See the K107 Serial LCD Controller at
www.wulfden.org/k107/
800 x 600 - 234K

Comments