Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Oncore GPS sat status — Parallax Forums

Oncore GPS sat status

JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
edited 2006-08-31 03:11 in BASIC Stamp
Hi All,

I am having to switch my Atomic Nixie clock over to using a Motorola Oncore GPS from my old WWVB receiver due to hardware failure.

I have been digging through all of the GPS stuff on the Parallax site and the web, and while there is much information there, I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

Firstly, I can't seem to find the definitive data sheet for the oncore. I *think* I have an Oncore II GT, but can't find out how to make sure.

I want to use the Motorola binary protocol. NEMA format is too slow to update the time as often as possible. I can get time and date that way, I have a listing of the binary commands, but I can't seem to find a listing of the responses to the commands or how to interpret them.

Specifically, I want to be able to get detailed sat information and how to set the UTC correction. In all the docs I have looked at, I can't seem to find out if there is onboard daylight savings time correction. If not, anyone have a handy snip to resolve DST fromt he date?

Many thanks!

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-08-30 19:35
    Jonathan -

This is NOT the definitive document (attached) that you were looking for, but it may be helpful any way. Please note the "time heartbeat information".

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2006-08-30 20:56
    Bruce,

I don't see an attachment. Am I just missing it?

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-08-31 03:11
    Jonathan -

I'm not sure what's going on.It SAID it uploaded it. I'll send it along via ordinary email -sorry.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->