Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
turbo boost controler :idea: — Parallax Forums

turbo boost controler :idea:

civic88hbz6civic88hbz6 Posts: 2
edited 2006-08-30 19:42 in BASIC Stamp
This is my first post and I am very new to the basic stamp. I have experience with assembly code for the 8051 microprocessor but have not messed with it in a couple of years. I am currently looking into building a progressive boost controller for a project car. I am working on the flow chart right now for the I/O's and code structure. My questions right now are about reading in the rpm, tps, and map signals for the stock sensors. I have the datasheets for these sensors I am just wondering if any one has tried a project like this and might have any helpful input. The output is going to be run to a progressive boost controller module that operates from six to 12v, 6 volt closed 12 volts open. I would also like to be able to have a user selectable setting for the high and low boost settings. I also plan to connect an LCD screen to display the boost/vac reading and the user optional setting for high and low boost.

I am just throwing this out there to see if anyone else has tried this and if they might have any suggestions. I plan to get some reading material together so I can learn the code and I/O, so any suggested material would be helpful.

Thank you,
Carlin

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-30 19:15
    Hello,

·· Is this to be a BASIC Stamp project?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • civic88hbz6civic88hbz6 Posts: 2
    edited 2006-08-30 19:42
    yes i plan on using basic stamps in the project as the controller (micro processor).