Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ebay Topway 16x2 serial lcd problem. — Parallax Forums

Ebay Topway 16x2 serial lcd problem.

rikniknoknikrikniknoknik Posts: 7
edited 2006-08-30 15:47 in BASIC Stamp
http://cgi.ebay.com/LCD-16x2-w-serial-1-pin-controller-chips-BASIC-STAMP_W0QQitemZ290005727312QQihZ019QQcategoryZ36332QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

First off stick that link into your browser to see what Im talking about. Second. I bought this thing off ebay like a year ago and built it into a radio shack soldering pcb. I attached 5vdc to it and got nothing I adjusted the contrast control back and forth only to see black lines at times. I put the lcd away and left it in the closet for a year well protected. Recently I thought I would pull it out of the closet to check it out once more. So thinking that I might have built the circuit wrong a year ago, I desoldered everything and rebuilt the circuit using a new pcb. Still am getting the same thing. the kit uses an atmel I think as an interpreter. Please Parallax help me, I am using a bs2sx a super carrier board and Basic Stamp IISX Software version 1.1 copyright 1998 through windows 98 in msdos mode. Also I did hook the lcd up to my power supply and hooked up the serial wire to pin 10 and wrote serout 10, 16780, [noparse][[/noparse]"YO", cr] still nothing. The lcd has 16 pins on it. It is a Topway LMB162abc. I think the interpreter chip might be bad . Maybe I could just hook the lcd up in a parallel configuration? Anyhow, sleepless in Phoenix- Andrew Smiley cry.gif

Comments