Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with 433.92MHz RF Receiver plz =) — Parallax Forums

Help with 433.92MHz RF Receiver plz =)

FanTFanT Posts: 10
edited 2006-08-29 20:27 in BASIC Stamp
hi there...
i'm currently working on a project that i need to use 1 RF Receiver...
to detect 2 RF Transmitter..

can anyone tell me if this is possible?
if can... how to edit the coding on the receiver and transmitter.?

lots of thanks

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-08-29 06:12
    FanT -

The very premise that you propose is problomatic. Suppose BOTH transmitters SEND at exactly the same time. What would you expect to happen then?

If you can prevent that from happening, take a look at the WAIT sub-parameter of the SERIN command. I suspect you'll find that helpful.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • FanTFanT Posts: 10
    edited 2006-08-29 06:38
    hmmm....
    hehee..okok..
    i shall make it a comfirm tat.. both transmitter will not be active at the same time..
    i juz wan to make a difference in the receiver if Transmitter A or B signal..
    edited 2006-08-29 06:40
    from wat i know.. i use X and Y to check for signal...
    can i set a 2nd set of X2 and Y2 for a different transmitter?

which means my receiver will consist of checking X + Y and X2 + Y2 at the same place..
    is tat possible for the RF receiver?
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-08-29 09:36
    FanT -

I suspect you're trying to do localization, or trying to determine your position via RF. It's just not going to work. Remeber, or realize that RF is omni-directional unless you spend oodles of time and money on sophisticated antennas, and specialized transmitters.

You would MUCH better off to look into I/R or ultrasonics, and even then you are going to run into a lot of problems. At least those can be easily "directed".

If this is not your proposed application, it might be wise to tell us what it is, if you want any kind of reasonable assistance.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-29 14:39
    Hello,

·· If you need data from two transmitter sources you can prevent problems by having the master (base) and two remote systems all use a transmitter and receiver.· Each remote will wait for its ID sent by the base unit.· Only the one being polled (asked for its data) will respond...In turn the base will wait for a reply.· Using a system like this would ensure more reliable communications.· Once the base has the data from the first remote unit it polls the second unit, and so on...I hope this helps.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-08-29 19:05
    hmm....

i'm here..with a receiver and 2 transmitter...
    the receiver is more of the 1 waiting...
    whereas the transmitters determine when is the signal to be send to the receiver.
    Random time sending.

Currently, i would like to have something like...
    signal frm transmitter A to receiver, my receiver respond with LCD display of "Transmitter A is here"
    signal frm transmitter B to receiver, my receiver respond with LCD display of "Transmitter B is here"

Objective is to show different respond over different signal input of transmitters.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-29 20:27
    Even at random intervals of sending data it will be nearly impossible to prevent them from at some point trying to transmit data at the same time and clobbering the signal.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com