Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Extracting Code from a BS2 — Parallax Forums

Extracting Code from a BS2

komentrkomentr Posts: 2
edited 2006-08-28 23:22 in BASIC Stamp
I am just starting learning the BASIC language and basic stamps applications.· I have a friend who is willing to give me his custom-built robot complete with basic stamp.· Unfortunately, he has lost the code that he used for the robot but he claims that the stamp should have the code in it.· I was wondering if there was a way to extract the code (preferrably basic code but will settle for assembly) so I can see what is going on?·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-08-28 19:55
    The interpretive byte code is stored in a surface mount EEPROM on the Stamp. It is possible to make connections to this
    EEPROM and to read it. There is no published document on how to translate these byte codes back into basic (there is no
    assembly involved). There are some companies that claim to be able to do this for you for a fee, but it has deliberately been
    made difficult to reduce the risk of piracy. You are not likely to find anyone here that will help you.
  • komentrkomentr Posts: 2
    edited 2006-08-28 23:22
    Thanks for the quick reply Mike.· *sigh* I guess I have to start from the basics.