Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Schematic drawing software (simple) — Parallax Forums

Schematic drawing software (simple)

bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
edited 2006-08-29 17:58 in General Discussion
I need to draw a really simple circuit, but I want it to look neat. Is there any free software out there that I can just download, and is easy to use? For reference, I need to draw a DC motor connected to an electronic speed control, a battery, a voltmeter and an ammeter.

Another solution would be copying and pasting the symbols, but I couldn't find any high res images of these. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

P.S. Is a DC motor a fixed value inductor?

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-08-28 19:20
    bulkhead -

Here is a rudimentary jpeg schematic drawing (attached) of that circuitry, without much detail, that I just tossed together with MSPAINT. At least it's a start :-)

Hope that is helpful.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
    400 x 400 - 8K
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-08-28 21:16
    Free and simple.· The simple is the harder part.

Eagle software has a free one page version as shareware.· Just draw the schematic, don't make a board.· You have to learn to use their library though.

Parallax has its own font that can draw schematics in the SPIN IDE.· I am not sure how well it works to use the font with Notepad, but other claim they can do it.· I just use it inside the IDE and cut and paste -- seems faster.

Eagle will give you a very professional schematic, but it is a bit more of a learning curve.· When you want an image you can select export and it will give an nice 'bit map image' that is very detailed.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2006-08-29 00:34
    Express PCB at http://www.expresspcb.com/·offer fairly good free software essentially for designing PCB's but they also·have a free program for designing schematics which has a library of symbols, motors, IC's, switches etc. etc.·(or you can create your own symbol library). Its also easy to use which is a plus.

Jeff T.

EDIT·: downloaded the Eagle software it looks pretty impressive.

Post Edited (Unsoundcode) : 8/29/2006 12:50:10 AM GMT
  • bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
    edited 2006-08-29 02:01
    Hmm, perhaps what I am looking for is a nice library that I can just copy and paste from instead of learning how to use more advanced software. Thanks for all the input, I'll check it out.
  • mojorizingmojorizing Posts: 249
    edited 2006-08-29 17:58
    tinycad.sourceforge.net/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Bad spellers of the world untie!