edited 2006-09-12 18:19 in Robotics
any updates on the penguins?

Comments

• TobrewTobrew Posts: 8
    edited 2006-09-03 01:19
    I second that.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-09-03 12:52
    Would you like Penguins without the compass?
    I think that they finally figured out that the battery cases made the compass navigation impossible - too ferrous, too close.

Personally, I think they are still quite appealing.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • DonWDonW Posts: 37
    edited 2006-09-03 13:03
    The last I read was there was an issue with the color of PCBs...I got the impression the compass thing had been resolved, but maybe not. I know I can live without the compass.

I agree...definitely appealing...and I definitely want one..willing to wait...just curious on the timeline (my 5 year old saw the vids and keeps asking about them too..[noparse]:)[/noparse]...)
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2006-09-12 18:19
    Penguin update:

Prototypes work flawlessly with all components (including the compass). The first production units seem to exhibit some strange behavior with the USB circuit that we're still trying to resolve. Once we identify the scope of problems with the first articles from production we'll be ready to take shipment of the rest of the build. Getting to this point is proving very challenging, partially because we've put so many electronics into such a small package.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.