Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IC Socket for Prop 44-pin lqfp — Parallax Forums

IC Socket for Prop 44-pin lqfp

ALIBEALIBE Posts: 299
edited 2006-08-25 18:21 in Propeller 1
in my project, I am trying to keep the footprint of the uc board farily small and am considering using the 44-pin LQFP prop. However, considering that I am no jiggy w/ lqfp soldering, I am thinking of getting an IC Socket for it. I have never gone w/ lqfp in my life and not sure where to look for one.

upon goog, I found a few urls close to this:
http://www.arndt-electronics.com/products/152688.php

I looked in Digi-Key and not sure how to narrow it down.

Can someone comment and point me - any help and input is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-08-25 17:41
    I suspect that any socket you find will only be intended from product testing. In other words, it will be quite expensive.

A good alternative might be to find an adapter PCB that allows you to solder the unit to it separately and provides 0.1 centered pin outs.
    At some point, the manufacturers have figured that they really don't need to socket anything or drill holes for much of anything.
    The world is headed toward surface mount.

Personally, I think they should allow something for educatonal purposes.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • ALIBEALIBE Posts: 299
    edited 2006-08-25 18:21
    Aha - I did not realize they were so expensive. Thanks for pointing that out.

What I was hoping to do is something like this one below for prop. This must be what you're refering to it looks like a PCB hearder board?

Sorry, I'm new to this QFP deal.
    spacer.gif