Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe Bots Half Off — Parallax Forums

Boe Bots Half Off

Michael ChadwickMichael Chadwick Posts: 80
edited 2006-08-29 21:30 in General Discussion
I wasn't sure where to post this, but·the sandbox seemed as good a place as any.

With the latest Parallax E-bay auction announcement, I decided to get in on the Boe Bot action, having been an SX guy only, never messed with the stamps etc.· So I decided it might be fun and I promptly put in some bids.· (Good Christmas presents for the kids too.) (Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!)

Anyway, I dove in, but decided I was only going to go as high as half the price of the new stuff.· I promptly got outbid on the Boe Bots, I guess they are pretty popular.· Lest anyone feel pity on me, I did score a Scribbler, BOE and Stamp activity kit.· But I digress.

Whilst looking around on www.microcenter.com, for a completely other reason, I stumbled across this:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=244196

Zowie! Thought I, that's less than what they are going for on E-bay. So I bought two.· Should be here tomorrow, which I've decided is one advantage to living in Ohio, where MicroCenter got started. The 'bots appear to be coming from Columbus.

I hope this proves useful to anyone on a budget, I've pretty much blown mine for the rest of the year!· I just hope I can get the kids interested. Really.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
MRC

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-25 20:39
    Michael,

·· Let us know how you make out with your purchases.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • RonBRonB Posts: 5
    edited 2006-08-28 03:10
    I got one of the MicroCenter $49 Boe-Bots too. It got here Friday and I've hardly been able to tear myself away from it all weekend! ...so much for chores!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ron
  • Michael ChadwickMichael Chadwick Posts: 80
    edited 2006-08-28 22:52
    To Chris,

It appears Micro Center got them from Radio Shack, as one of the two I bought had a Radio Shack price sticker on it for $149.99.

Both kits appear to be complete and identical, with version 2.2 of the book. Haven't had time to play yet! [noparse]:([/noparse]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    MRC
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-29 14:58
    Yeah, I guess they could've come from anywhere, but definately not new.· Okay, thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Michael ChadwickMichael Chadwick Posts: 80
    edited 2006-08-29 21:30
    Well, I would say new old stock, based on what I see in the boxes. I'm guessing that when Radio Shack started carrying VEX, they unloaded all their Boe Bots?

MicroCenter is already out of them, I should'a kept quiet!!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    MRC