Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Are "Spin Examples" and "ASM Examples" the new "Application Notes"? — Parallax Forums

Are "Spin Examples" and "ASM Examples" the new "Application Notes"?

ALIBEALIBE Posts: 299
edited 2006-08-25 16:10 in Propeller 1
I browsed thru the Manual and I must say - the Parallax team has done a fantastic job at making it very detailed and fun to read.
icon13.gif

Now, I have been looking in there to find the classic "BSII style App Notes" and could not really find any.

Is the plan to make the app notes available thur this forum under the "Examples" section? Or are there going be in a similar manual style merged w/ the current manual.

thanks
·

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2006-08-24 20:22
    Have you checked out this link?
    http://ww1.parallax.com/Default.aspx?tabid=65.· It has 4 pages of Propeller objects available for free download.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • ALIBEALIBE Posts: 299
    edited 2006-08-24 20:41
    Dave, thanks for the url - I have seen/heard abt the prop object libs discussions - but have not actually been to this link. IT is very cool. Now, however, I do not see the circuit diagrams, etc for each of these examples - that one would generally see in the classic BSII App notes.

Thanks again
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-25 15:30
    Not all source code requires anything special in terms of circuitry, but those that do often have the schematics listed right in the source code, since the Propeller Font supports schematic symbols.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • ALIBEALIBE Posts: 299
    edited 2006-08-25 15:40
    Chris, thanks.

so, it appears that Parallax is going the route of publishing all "app notes", examples, etc on the site rather than via hardcopy format. Which is definitely fine (and probably better) as long as there's one place to go to to finding and conusming them.

I had very bad experiences in the past w/ a different uc manufacturer's web site where stuff is all over the floor and very hard to navigate and digest.
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,547
    edited 2006-08-25 16:10
    ALIBE,

As some of the objects mature over time, I certainly don't see why an "app note" wouldn't be put together and made available.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.