Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SX Blitz Programmers at $19.95 (95 units left - USB version on the way)! — Parallax Forums

SX Blitz Programmers at $19.95 (95 units left - USB version on the way)!

Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,389
edited 2006-09-12 21:55 in General Discussion
SXers:

I see that Lauren has put Parallax's remaining 95 SX Blitz (serial) units on sale at $19.95 while supplies last. We need to clear these out before the new USB version arrives in our inventory next week. Combined with the SX28 Proto Boards and SX/B, getting started has never cost less than it does today.

These will be out of stock by next week while we launch the new USB version. Some of you won't want USB, so this will be your last chance to get some of the serial SX Blitz versions.

These are also a value if you need to do some low-volume production SX chip programming.

Sincerely,

Ken Gracey
Parallax, Inc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42996
250 x 150 - 24K

Comments

• BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2006-09-12 18:09
    Any news on the USB version of the SX-Blitz or SX-Key???
    I'm waiting patiently since I would love a USB version of the SX-Key or SX-Blitz...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,389
    edited 2006-09-12 21:00
    Hey Bamse,

The SX-Key is still in design, so we're not much further along than we were a few months ago. We've finished prototyping, and hope to be in production shortly. This particular change proved to be quite complex. We had to accommodate a new clock generator, make changes to the IDE to support the hardware, add the USB FTDI circuitry, and provide it all in an RoHS package. Honestly, I'd hope to have them by the first of 2007 at this point.

I'll be sure to push the right buttons this afternoon to see if we can move this hardware forward. My SX-Key team is spread out around the world at the moment.

I want this completed as badly as you do.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2006-09-12 21:55
    Thanks for the update...

I think I will go ahead and buy the USB to serial (RS-232) adapter and use it with my SX-Key in the mean time...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse