Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
beklin usb to serial on intel mac — Parallax Forums

beklin usb to serial on intel mac

JMYJMY Posts: 6
edited 2006-08-28 16:34 in BASIC Stamp
Can anyone tell me if the beklin usb to serial will work with os x 10.4, and the mac version on the basic stamp, I have the adapter number f5u109. And also how to get a port to open on the mac version, when i look in there it have none for ports.

thanks Justin

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-23 14:23
    Justin,

·· I cannot answer for Mac compatibility, but I can tell you that the Belkin adapters do not work on the BASIC Stamps.· No customer that ever contacted Tech Support has been able to get these to work.··Your best bet is an FTDI-based adapter, such as the ones we carry.· These have Mac drivers and are known to work with the BASIC Stamps.· I hope this helps.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com

Post Edited (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 8/23/2006 2:50:45 PM GMT
  • weydevweydev Posts: 9
    edited 2006-08-24 07:10
    Chris,
    i have been using a belkin usb to serial adapter model num. f5u103 for many months with no issues.

Justin,··
    sorry i cannot help with the mac compatability question·.
  • JMYJMY Posts: 6
    edited 2006-08-25 22:22
    weydev,
    I also have a windows laptop and i have the drivers for the belkin usb adapter, but i keep getting the error basic stamp not found, but when i id the stamp i get loop back not sure what is going on, any help on that?\\

Thanks justin
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2006-08-27 11:11
    You'll probably get a better response to this question if you ask the author of Mac BS2 directly www.muratnkonar.com/otherstuff/macbs2/index.shtml
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-28 16:34
    weydev said...(trimmed)
    Chris,
    i have been using a belkin usb to serial adapter model num. f5u103 for many months with no issues.
    That's great!· Unfortunately though there are so many who cannot that we cannot list them as a workable option.· Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com