Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PBasic programming without the Stamp (attached to the compuiter). — Parallax Forums

PBasic programming without the Stamp (attached to the compuiter).

MrNobodyMrNobody Posts: 13
edited 2006-08-22 14:36 in General Discussion
Hi,
I am doing a college project and which involves PBasic programming.
I have downloaded Basic stamp editor 2.2.5 but what I understand is that I can't run the code without the Stamp (attached to the compuiter). So, that means that it is not really possible for me to learn PBasic because I do not have the stamop at home.

I am wondering if there is a way to learn PBasic without the Stamp..? Maybe a PBasic simulation kind of software so that I can understand better what the command does..?

I am quiet new to PBasic.

Thanks..

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 8/22/2006 3:27:35 PM GMT

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-08-22 12:31
    You can download the Basic Stamp manual, as well as all of the Stamps in Class course manuals from Parallax's website. There are also some good tutorials on the Educational downloads page.

Also, if you're looking for a low-cost way to get started, try the Basic Stamp Activity Kit:

www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=90005

You can order it from Parallax, or find it at many RadioShack stores in the US.
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-08-22 12:47
    You can still learn to program with the manual and Pbasic (and it's helpfile)....when you press F9 (or RUN) for your program, it'll try to compile it at the start and will tell you if you have errors.
    This isn't an emulator. So you can get some mileage with it, just maybe not what you're after.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • KB3JJGKB3JJG Posts: 95
    edited 2006-08-22 13:43
  • MrNobodyMrNobody Posts: 13
    edited 2006-08-22 13:53
    Thank you very much for your help.. really appreciate it..
  • MrNobodyMrNobody Posts: 13
    edited 2006-08-22 13:58
    Just another quick question.. is mobotsim based on PBasic way of programming..?
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-08-22 14:36
    Based on the info on the Mobotsim website, the answer is no, it's not related in anyway to PBasic.