Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SD card — Parallax Forums

SD card

Mike15Mike15 Posts: 109
edited 2006-08-22 00:33 in BASIC Stamp
I am trying to connect my Stamp with a SD card reader Writer.· I want to beable to connect the SD card to hyperterminal to test the syntax of the commands instead of trying to reprogram every time. Dose anybody have a schematic or suggestions on an interface?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-21 21:35
    Mike,

·· Without knowing which SD Card Reader you are referring to there would be little information anyone could offer.· This wouldn't happen to be a USB Device, would it?· If so you won't be able to access it from a BASIC Stamp.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-08-21 21:36
    Mike15 -

There is a good deal more to it than meets the eye. You may want to check out this excellent SD card reader/writer interface from one of the fellows here on the Stamp List:
    www.sddatalogger.com

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    <!--StartFragment -->
  • Mike15Mike15 Posts: 109
    edited 2006-08-21 22:25
    Its an SD reader writer from Rogue robotics
  • KB3JJGKB3JJG Posts: 95
    edited 2006-08-22 00:33
    Mike,

To hook that device directly to a computer you need a ttl level convertor, they can be bought starting at $20 or so for a serial to serial version.·Parallax has·a USB to ttl level serial adaptor for $29 http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28024

As far as a schematic for such a device, google and you will find a bunch for serial to serial. You might reconsider this option as you will find many uses for this cable when attaching components directly to a pc, having a quality cable will eliminate any frusterations due to cable/equip failure down the road.

·