Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Time Fountain — Parallax Forums

Time Fountain

critescrites Posts: 11
edited 2006-08-21 17:40 in BASIC Stamp
Check out this very cool project.· I was just wondering if anyone had ideas on pulling off this project with a BASIC Stamp.

http://cre.ations.net/creation/44/really

·

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2006-08-18 13:35
    That is very cool (and I don't use very very often).

Thanks for the link.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheap 4-digit LED display with driver IC·www.hc4led.com

Low power SD Data Logger www.sddatalogger.com

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think" Christopher Robin to Pooh
    ·
  • critescrites Posts: 11
    edited 2006-08-21 16:46
    I’d like to make this “Time Fountain” with a Stamp and have a couple questions I was hoping someone here might answer.· Looks like I would need two independent “timers”.· One PWM output to control the small water pump to give me the constant drip.· I’m sure this would be a very low duty cycle signal but very consistent.· The other would control the flashing of the LEDs to freeze the falling drops.· This would output a short pulse to turn on the LEDs, turn off for 50 to 250 msec and repeat.· In addition, this second timer, although I’m not sure it would be required, is triggered by the drip detector circuit.
    ·
    In noodling over·some code I’m having some trouble coming up with a technique of making the two timers completely independent.· I guess I could use two stamps but that get kind of expensive. ·This project might be a good excuse to get into the Propeller.· J
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-08-21 17:40
    Go to an SX even....if your code is lean enough you might be alright...although this is screamin PROPELLER!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."