Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Two EEPROMs on the same IO pins — Parallax Forums

Two EEPROMs on the same IO pins

GoogGoog Posts: 65
edited 2006-08-17 19:51 in Propeller 1
I got my new chips today (see C64 ROM Loader topic for more info)... I hooked them up to my breadboard and was wondering if there was something special I had to do to address the two chips individually.· I tied both chips' SDA and SCL lines to pins 5 and 6 (so they share the same I/O lines).· I pulled-up pin 0 (address line 0) on one of the chips, thinking that would give it a unique address.

To test this, I formatted each memory location with $00, to give it a known state.· Then, I wrote $AA into location $7FFF, $AB to $8000, $AC to $8001, and $EF to $FFFF.· When reading back all memory locations, $AA comes back in $7FFF, $BFFF, and $FFFF - no other memory addresses have non-zero values.

I also verified that each EEPROM works when hooked up individually by writing to and reading from each address from $0000 to $7FFF.· It's just when they are tied together is when I have problems.

Have a look at my attached sample program, paying close attention to the ReadByte and WriteByte routines.· Any ideas on why it doesn't work right?

Goog

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Doing my part to keep the Commodore 64 alive!

http://www.commodorestuff.com

Comments