Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINK : Freezes up while switching between FTP and HTTP — Parallax Forums

PINK : Freezes up while switching between FTP and HTTP

Mr.EdMr.Ed Posts: 35
edited 2006-08-12 06:50 in BASIC Stamp
Hi everybody,

Short project description:
I use, on a small main board from phanderson.com, a Basic Stamp BS2P24, connected to two TTL-RS232 converters. They are connected to a GSM-R (Railway) modem and an Alpha American 215C Led Display. On the main board·there is also a DS1820 1-wire device for measuring temperature. Normally the display shows date, time and the room temperature received from the stamp. People can send an SMS to the display. When the SMS is displayed, this is acknowledged to the sender and the administrator by means of SMS.

Future plans:
I have the PINK module installed on top of the main board. This way i want the people to be able to send a message to the display directly by means of an Intranet. Allso, it should be possible to send an SMS via the Intranet.

Noticed problem:
A couple of times·i encountered a complete freeze-up of the PINK module when switching between FTP (upload) and checking results with HTTP. The PINK module kept absolutely inresponsive. The only way to get it to work again was pulling the power to the module. Power is derived from the main board.

Questions and remarks:
Did anybody encounter this problem, and if so, what was their solution·for fixing this? I find it very difficult to search the Parallax Forum because of A) Absence of a seperate PINK forum, and B) The fact that the forum search is not functioning properly. The supplied software suggests the possibility of uploading new firmware to the PINK module. This can be for (new) features or bugfixes. Where can i get future firmware upgrades and where can we report new bugs?

Best regards,

Edwin van Brugge
Ridderkerk
Netherlands - Europe

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
A horse is a horse, of course of course...

Post Edited (Mr.Ed) : 8/10/2006 12:10:52 PM GMT

Comments

• Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2006-08-10 14:15
    You need to pause between uploading files (FTP) and accessing the module.

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-10 14:19
    As for searching...Please see the following link in the future.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=562370

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Mr.EdMr.Ed Posts: 35
    edited 2006-08-12 06:50
    Ok, thank you very much,

For how long should one pause before accessing PINK, after uploading stuff via FTP? What is the best method for ending an FTP session? For some (yet unknown, maybe incompatibility) reason i could not initiate a session using WsFTP so i had to use FTP via the I.E. web browser. The only way to end th