Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Powering and controlling the BOE — Parallax Forums

Powering and controlling the BOE

_Pi_Pi Posts: 3
edited 2006-08-10 03:38 in Robotics
I was wondering what the BOE used to get the voltage down from 6 VDC from the batteries to 5 for the vidd? Also I was wondering what the appmod header was used for and if the servo ports 12 13 14 and 15 were the p12 p13 p14 and p15 pins?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-09 23:18
    Hello,

·· The Regulator we use is the LM2940-5.0 and can handle up to I believe 24V to 36V...And up to 1A of current draw when properly heat-sinked.· The AppMod Header is used for AppMods, linked below.· P12, P13, P14 & P15 are also connected to the corresponding servo headers.

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/products/boards/appmods.asp

BTW, your avatar looks like a transistion from Pinnacle Studio...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • _Pi_Pi Posts: 3
    edited 2006-08-10 01:23
    Since p12, p13, p14, and p15 are connected to the servos and if I have all 4 servos attached that means I can't have those on the bread board connecting to anything else except a servo to produce anything coherent right? Other then support the appmods those pins can be used like the pins next to the breadboard correct?

Avatar is from Judas Priest's Electric Eye DVD cover.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-08-10 03:38
    Correct, if you have servos connected and are pulsing those lines then that is what will appear at the same connections next to the breadboard.· And yes, the AppMod header has the same signals as the socket next to the breadboard as well.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com