Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Identification does not find basic stamp — Parallax Forums

Identification does not find basic stamp

nick412nick412 Posts: 16
edited 2006-08-09 19:35 in BASIC Stamp
I have a “BASIC Stamp 1 Starter Kit”.· The stamp module is plugged into the· “Basic stamp Super Carrier” board, which is connected to a 9v power supply, and the PC's serial port via the included cable.· I have loaded up the basic stamp software, and after following along upto page 31 of the manual run the “Identify” command.· It flashes up scanning, however never finds anything (nothing appears in the device type box for the COM1 port).· I have tried it on two different PC's.· When the board is connected loopback comes up as “yes”, and when it is not connected it says “no”.
·
I have used the serial port successfully with an RFID module, so I am pretty confident the PC is not the problem.
The manual seemed to suggest the BS1 module has an indicator as to which is pin 1 however I could not see it, but from the diagram pin 1 is the top most pin with the module face up (chips orientated as in diagram).

What am I doing wrong?
400 x 278 - 26K

Comments

• nick412nick412 Posts: 16
    edited 2006-08-09 19:35
    Found my mistake - you have to use the small BS1 serial adapter in the silver packet rather than the Super Carrier boards serial port.