Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NOOB Questions about the basic stamp — Parallax Forums

NOOB Questions about the basic stamp

studysessionstudysession Posts: 66
edited 2006-08-09 21:22 in BASIC Stamp
Hi -

I am new to the basic stamp. I am learning from the "What is a Microcontroller?" book and I have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone here can help me with. I also ordered the BOE-BOT.

In the labs it tells you what resister and where to put it. For my own applications, how do I determine what resister I need?

After I am done with this, I want to make something that can control small electric 2 wire dc motors. What motor board is good to start with and where can i find some good tutorials to help me better learn controlling motors?

My goal is two things. First I want to start with simple·radio control car·motors. Then later will go to stepper motors and make my own CNC setup for my lathe. Then I want to make everything done via remote for the car and lathe. I would like to be able to control the BOE-BOT using my radio control from·a RC Car or a Plane.

Thanks

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2006-08-09 18:57
    There are other manuals on the Parallax site that you can study. from the boe-bot which talks about motoer to industrial control and sensors. they are in the documents section and are pdf files. There are also the nuts and volts articles on all sorts of topics you should check out.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • studysessionstudysession Posts: 66
    edited 2006-08-09 19:36
    Thanks -
    I ordered the BOE-BOT kit today. Hopefully have before the weekend.

I also really want to understand how to make the circuit boards myself. I know that is a bit off topic. But something that interests me. Thanks again.
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-08-09 21:22
    Here is a site you might want to check out:

www.efunda.com/home.cfm