Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Propeller Computer — Parallax Forums

Basic Propeller Computer

FynchFynch Posts: 8
edited 2006-08-05 00:03 in Propeller 1
Hello all... I am planning on building a Propeller based wearable computer. I am using ExpressPCB for my design and fabrication work. I borrowed some of my design so far from the Propeller Controller Board by Brian Riley and Mark W McCann since they are using it too... See Propeller Control Board topic...

Anyways, these are very rough. I took everything so far, nothing original. It's just combining things. I have portions of the Demo Board, PropStick and Control Board. I also put some alternate serial adapters in too...

Here they are:

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Other forums I frequent: Briel Computers: brielcomputers.com/forums
Applefritter: applefritter.com

Post Edited (Fynch) : 8/4/2006 8:16:49 PM GMT

Comments

• FynchFynch Posts: 8
    edited 2006-08-04 18:20
    Fixed Netlist Issues and Funky non-schematic angles in ExpressSCH... starting a PCB design.

Anyone know how to get VGA and Mini-DIN - 6 components in ExpressPCB?
    I had to use a DB - 15 in the scematic for VGA and 6 pin jumpers for the PS/2...

Any input on which Serial Connection I should use?

Made USB2SER 4-pin directly into SER...

Added start of PCB.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Post Edited (Fynch) : 8/4/2006 8:17:16 PM GMT
  • RinksCustomsRinksCustoms Posts: 531
    edited 2006-08-04 22:27
    Best (and probably easiest) way would be to find a PDF on the connector you'd lie to use and either make a new "footprint" or just find the shape and size pad(s) you need and align them acordingly. This may also be the fastest way since i have a good ammt of exp with this prog too.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Definetly a E3 (Electronics Engineer Extrodinare!)
    "I laugh in the face of imposible,... not because i know it all, ... but because I don't know well enough!"
  • FynchFynch Posts: 8
    edited 2006-08-05 00:03
    Thanks for the tips...

I'll try finishing the basic board design this weekend, ask for constructive criticism monday, fix it up tues./wed. and ask for more criticism... Lather Rinse and Repeat.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔