Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Power two BOE boards from same power supply? — Parallax Forums

Power two BOE boards from same power supply?

bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
edited 2006-08-07 13:40 in General Discussion
Can I simply add 2 jumper wires to the breadboards, connecting the Vin and Vss together? Or is connecting it this way different than connecting it through the power jack? If it can be done this way that would be easier than making a "Y" adaptor.

Comments

• BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2006-08-03 19:46
    You should be able to connect the Vin and Vss from one board to another, you will need both.
    However, do not connect the Vdd from one board to another, I don't think the voltage regulators like to work in parallell...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse
  • crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
    edited 2006-08-07 13:40
    I always use a 9-volt battery adapter to this. Just rember that doing this causes the black wire to be positive and the red, negitive.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    NerdMaster
    For
    Life